Welcome to the middle of the week friends. It’ finally Wednesday. Over at the watercooler today, Gail has a great technique challenge for us. It's called Reflection or it's also known as the Mirror technique. Ready to see what I made?
Here is my card. I chose not to use a sentiment. I like that it can be sent to anyone for any occasion. What occasion would you use this card for? Just a note, Happy Spring, Congratulations on your new little one, etc. The deer have been fussy cut out and popped up for some added dimension.
One tip on the technique. Most people will show you this technique using various non-porous materials. I ended up using my Stamp-a-ma-jig sheet. You could use any of the following: acetate sheet, window sheet, the backing from your Photopolymer Stamps (similar to a window sheet) or any other material that will allow you to stamp an image and keep the ink wet so you can use the image in reverse or mirrored. Hope that made sense. Here are some closer views of where I used the Wink of Stella® glitter brush. You'll see them on the leaves in the trees, the sides of the mountains, the eyes of the deer and also in the water.
I had also used the White Gel pen to make a the water look like it was moving.
Now it’s your turn. I’m excited to see what you come up with for this week’s challenge. Be sure to enter the challenge at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge (#WWC58). The deadline to post your entry is Monday, March 14, 2016. Thank you for visiting today.
- Soft Sky card base 4 ¼” x 11” scored 5 ½”
- Botanical Gardens Designer Vellum Stack 4 ¼” x 5 ½”
- Tip Top Taupe 4 5/8” x 3 5/8”
- Very Vanilla 4 ½” x 3 ½”
- In The Meadow Wood-Mount Stamp Set
- In The Meadow Clear-Mount Stamp Set
- Pear Pizzazz Classic Stampin' Pad
- Soft Sky Classic Stampin' Pad
- Tip Top Taupe Classic Stampin' Pad
- Versamark Pad
- Soft Sky 8-1/2" X 11" Card Stock
- Tip Top Taupe 8-1/2" X 11" Cardstock
- Very Vanilla 8-1/2" X 11" Card Stock
- Botanical Gardens Designer Vellum Stack
- Rhinestone Basic Jewels Embellishments
- Clear Wink Of Stella Glitter Brush
- Many Marvelous Markers
- Aqua Painters
- Sponge Daubers
- Heat Tool
- White Stampin' Emboss Powder